Pages

Friday

"Fried" Baked Pickles - Easy and Quick



"Fried" Pickles (Baked)

Now before any of you shake your head or saw Eww...these are AMAZING! And baked..so a better alternative. Again, EASY EASY. My 4 year old once again made these herself (save getting the ingredients together and the oven again)...what? She shouldn't earn her keep by cooking for me? C'mon....

Ingredients:


1 jar pickle slices
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs

Directions:
Turn oven broiler on high. (BEFORE you put them together and make sure if you use the oven before hand to make something (like wings) that you give it time to switch to broil properly. Note the black side of my pan...live and learn!
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and flour. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Mix well. (I didn't have cajun but had some red pepper I threw in)
Place panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dunk each pickle slice into the egg mixture, than dredge it in the panko bread crumbs. (If a 4 year old is doing it for you, let them take their time or the pickles will NOT get coated properly)
Place coated pickles on a rack set above a baking sheet and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (Or use aluminum foil AND spray it, so you don't have to scrub your cookie sheet). Place pan in the middle rack of the oven. Broil for about 3 minutes on each side. Watch it closely! It will burn!

Pinterest rating: a 9! These things are amazing! My husband and I scarfed them down almost before the wings were cooled down enough to eat! (I didn't give it a 10 because it used the broiler on my oven and I didn't even know what that was!) It was quick, easy, and used ingredients you would likely have on hand (if you don't have bread crumbs, some other coating)

Below is the Pinterest inspiration picture and my picture side by side. Bet you can't guess which one is mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!