Pages

Friday

Pinterest Addiction: It's Real


...It's true. There's even an infographic about it.

Why? IMHO it's because it's personalized. I love Pinterest because I pin what I like.
Sure I could spend hours scouring through what my Facebook friends have pinned.

Or I can go straight to what I'm looking for. Recipes, designs, gifts, crafts, organization, or "Good Ideas".

No more recipe cards in handwritten script that leaves you wondering if that says tbsp. or tsp. No more printing recipes offline, or emailing myself the link.

Now I just pull up Pinterest (yes, there is an app for that!) on my iPhone or iPad and click on my board "Mmmmm...." (genius I know).

BAM! Complete with pictures, recipe, AND comments from others who have tried it already. Either a repin (80% of posts are repins), or a quick Google search to a website I can pin, and I'm good to go. It's so simple, it's genius.

You could spend HOURS searching through pins, browsing friends' pins, browsing categories, pinning, and repinning (ahem...not that I've done that).

And with this addiction there is a little voice in your head telling you it's ok it's productive addiction. Every crafty gift, every frugal tip, every simple recipe is actually improving your life so Pinteresting is really a good thing. Well, it is.

BUT you have to take those pretty little pictures and bring them to life! Where to start? That's where I come in.I'm on a quest to take those genius ideas we pin on pinterest and actually turn them into a reality!

For those of you not familiar with Pinterest - it may seem a bit daunting, or dare I say...uninteresting (EEEK!). But I promise you, it is neither! Yes, even I was a tad bit thrown off at the concept of Pinterest - what is the point - and also how to navigate through it. But once you get the hang of it you will LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!