Pages

Friday

Rug Job


My First Pinterest Project



Wow - way to boost that creative gene you say. Your first documented Pinterest project in Action is a rug?
Well...it's our runner. We moved recently and the runner that was previously on carpet is now in our kitchen on a tile floor. And needless to say it's pretty slippery. With a 1 year old learning to walk, a 4 year old tearing through the house, and my less than graceful self...yeah, it needs to be fixed!

So this first pin I found was actually via Martha! Way to jump in the big leagues there! Martha gives instructions on how to slip-proof your rug by using caulk. This beats buying a mat to go under the runner.

Step 1: Get a tube of caulk (about $1 but you probably have some laying around or some you could borrow from someone - it doesn't take much!)
Step 2: Put caulk on bottom of rug
Step 3: Let dry
Your finished! Okay those were her words not mine, she is obviously so much better at this tutorial stuff.
But here is a picture of Martha's rug job vs. my rug job. Give me a break I had a 1 year old and 4 year old running around my kitchen. I am aware that it looks horrible! Also note that I did not use a ruler and create a chalk line where I wanted my caulk lines to be. That would have been a smart idea to follow!

Bottom line: It worked decently. You can still slide on it but it's not the dangerous death trap it was before the caulk.

Project score: 10 I give it a 10! Ok...maybe it's an 8. It's not the most mindblowing idea in the world, but it's pretty handy. And it was SIMPLE. And for me - free (I borrowed caulk). It took about 10 seconds to put the caulk down, an hour or so for it to dry , and 3 1/2 hours to figure out how to use a caulk gun in the first place. But that's a different tutorial! All in all, I chalk it up to a great Pinterest Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!