Pages

Friday

Two Ingredient Cupcakes: Does it get any easier?


My second Pinterest Project..I'm on a roll

Pineapple angel food cupcakes

No you weren't misreading that title, it's really just two ingredients. I was REALLY skeptical because:
a) How in the world can you really make it with two ingredients - what about the eggs, flour, milk, water, oil, SOMETHING you have to add? NOPE, nothing of the sort.
b) It says FAT FREE which usually means it doesn't taste good! Mmm-hmm.

Now THIS is my kind of project! My kind of cupcake, my kind of cooking! Seriously..... my 4 year old made them by herself- minus the handling of the stove!

Ingredients


Instructions

  • Blend cake mix and an entire 20 oz can of cruswhed pineapple with its juice. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING else- just the mix and the canned pineapple. (The box says to add water- ignore) Using a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop (I didn't measure), this should yield 32! Turn upside down to cool. 375 oven, 15-20minutes.  
It's really that simple. The picture on the left is my Pinterest inspiration. The one on the right is mine. Sure mine looks like crud, but they are DELICIOUS! I've seen some recipes where they add frosting, but I figured I'd try with this fat free stuff (oh yeah, and I didn't have any frosting!) So there you have it.

My Pinterest rating: 9! (I didn't give it a 10 because well face it...it's not chocolate.) 
Caution: Angel Food cake makes them very fluffy - don't put too much in each space! And watch your time - they will burn quickly! (Ahem...yeah you should have seen some of the other batches...)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!